Monday, December 14, 2009

The Shepherd King

scan0014

He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11 ESV

And I will set up over them one shepherd… he shall feed them and be their shepherd. Ezekiel 34:23-25 ESV

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. Psalm 23:1 ESV

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. I know my own and my own know me. John 10:11, 14, 15 ESV

The devoted shepherd carries the lambs and gently leads his sheep. He feeds and protects the flock. He drives evil away from the fields, so the sheep can sleep in peace.

The LORD is my shepherd; I lack nothing. He supplies pastures of fresh tender grass. He finds calm waters. He provides a peaceful atmosphere where the sheep can rest. When the flock is attacked, the Good Shepherd protects the sheep from danger. He gives his life for his sheep. Jesus is the Good Shepherd.

“Good Shepherd, I place myself in your care. Lead me, guide me, feed me, and protect me. You are my Shepherd. I want to hear, know, and obey your voice.”

Other verses: Matthew 11:28-30; John 10:26-30

Advent 14: The Servant King

Advent 1 - In the Beginning

No comments: