Tuesday, December 8, 2009

He is… Creator and Sustainer of the Universe

scan0003He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Col 1:15-17 ESV

Not only was Jesus before the creation of the earth, He is also the Creator and Sustainer of the whole universe. He is the intelligent designer of our world. He holds all things in their place. Ephesians says we are the workmanship of his hands and John taught us that without Christ we can do nothing. As the center of our universe, Jesus is the gravity that holds our life together so through Him we can fulfill his design and purpose for our lives.

“Jesus, Creator and Sustainer, I give to you the throne at the center of my being. I want all I say and do to be controlled by your gravitational pull so I will always please you and complete your design for my life.”

Other verses: Heb 1:3; Is. 48:13

Advent 3 - The Creation of Man

Advent 1 - In the Beginning

No comments: