Monday, December 21, 2009

The Announcements

scan0024“I am the Lord’s servant.” Mary answered. “May it be to me as you have said.” Then the angel left her.     From Luke 1:26-38 NIV
When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife.     From Matthew 1:18-25 NIV
There was a special purpose for the lives of Joseph and Mary; they were the earthly parents of Jesus, God Incarnate. They suffered injustice and misunderstanding. They faced impossibilities and dangers. Even then, through their words and actions both responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. I will do Your will.”

Although we will never live same circumstances Mary and Joseph did, the destiny of God on our lives is still important. Everybody has a special purpose from God and their own circle of influence. Even if there is danger of misunderstanding or false accusation, even if we might suffer injustice, let us say, “I am the Lord’s servant. I will do Your will.”

“Spirit of God, speak to me. I am your servant. Work your will in my life.”

Advent 24: Mary’s Song
Advent 1 - In the Beginning

No comments: