Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Light for the Nations

scan0016I am the LORD; I have called you in righteousness; I will take you by the hand and keep you; I will give you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes that are blind, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, from the prison those who sit in darkness. Isaiah 42:6, 7 ESV

It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to bring back the preserved of Israel; I will make you as a light for the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth. Isaiah 49:6 ESV

My eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel. Luke 2:30-32 ESV

Jesus is the light for the nations, the light to the Gentiles. God’s plan is to redeem mankind and to bless the world, not just a chosen few from one nation or a select religious elite. Paul reminds us that God desires all people to be saved and to know the truth.

Jesus is the light. He is the way, the truth and the life revealed to the world so all that believe in Him can be God’s sons. The light leads to the correct path; it helps see beauty and truth. Let Jesus’ light shine in and through you!

“Light of the World shine on me; reveal your splendor. Help me reflect your glory and illuminate those around me.”

Other verse - 1 Timothy 2:3

Advent 16: The Lamb of God

Advent 1 - In the Beginning

No comments: