Monday, December 21, 2009

I Send My Messenger

scan0023
As it is written in Isaiah the prophet, “Behold, I send my messenger before your face, who will prepare your way, the voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight,” John appeared, baptizing in the wilderness and proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins. Mark 1:2-4 ESV
Prophecies of John's coming: Isaiah 40:3-5; Malachi 3:1

John the Baptist was the messenger that prepared the way for the first coming of Jesus, the Messiah. He announced the need for changed hearts and the forgiveness of sins. When Jesus came, people were ready and waiting for him.

Today, we are the messengers that prepare the way for Jesus’ coming: the coming to people’s hearts and the second coming to the earth. We must proclaim the forgiveness of sins for the repentant heart that believes in Jesus and accepts his love. If we do not share the good news, how can the world know the Christ and who will be waiting?

“Jesus, I want my heart to be prepared and I want to tell others of your love.”

Other verses: Matthew 11:10, Mark 1:2; Luke 1:76; Romans 10:14-15

Advent 23: The Announcements

Advent 1 - In the Beginning

No comments: