Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mary’s Song - The Magnificant

scan0025 And Mary Said: “My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed, for the Mighty One has done great things for me – holy is his name. His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generations to generation. He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts. He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, even as he said to our fathers.” Luke 1:46-55 NIV
Elizabeth and Mary rejoiced together as their offspring cheered the goodness of God. Elizabeth honored God’s blessing in Mary while Mary praised Him. In their mothers’ wombs, cousins John and Jesus celebrated each other. John delighted in his Lord. What a party!

Mary sang of God’s favor. She gloried in God her Savior and proclaimed His greatness as “the Mighty One.” She exalted Him mentioning the “scattering of the proud” and remembering His blessing over Abraham and his family. What a beautiful song of praise!

What blessings present and past provoke worship in your heart?

"Good and merciful God, I thank you for your blessings. Thank you for my life and my family; for provision and protection; and for your goodness and salvation."

Advent 25: His Name is John
Advent 1 - In the Beginning

No comments: