Saturday, November 24, 2007

Past, Present, Future

As I've reviewed notes from a "strategic supernatural planning" seminar I attended last year I rediscovered these ideas mentioned by Kris Valloton. They reminded me of what I had written in a previous blog.
  • In regards to change, the church at large is the only organization that is trying to get to the past. What we should do is honor the past, live in the present and look towards the future.
  • We should honor our past but not react to it nor live in it [we are not to be victims]. The past is gone. Neither should we live in the future by not taking responsibility for the present
  • We are in constant change and what is good for today will not work tomorrow." [speaking of methods because the gospel message never changes]
I wrote on July 19, 2007, we should learn from the past so we can make wise decisions in the present and prepare well for the future.

No comments: