Sunday, November 18, 2007

Old but Still Green and Full of Sap

I read these vss. this morning

Ps 92:12-15
The righteous flourish like a palm tree... they are planted in the house of the LORD... [Growing in grace AMPL] they still bear fruit IN OLD AGE; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare that the LORD is upright...

Back to the thoughts on getting old, they interrupted my final touches on the morning message.

Maintaining our youthfulness... stay full of sap [vitality, vigor, energy, growth in the spirit of the future, full of abundant-life and fruitfulness] and stay green [able to be molded, bent or formed, able to flex with change and move forward with it, even better provoke it]…

We must be planted in the house of the Lord, in the courts of our God [where the river and the flow is Ps 1]. This house, court, river of God must be contrasted with cisterns [Jer. 2:13] of dead, man made traditions and methods of the last decade(s) [day old manna --that are a result of not being in the flow of the river of God-faith, praise, worship, prayer and intercession].

Randy, you've got me hyped... I want to burn out, not rust out. I want the next generation [my 7 kids and those I touch in Nicaragua] to go on with God and surpass me by light years of "greater works than these".

I'm gonna stay young until the day I die old!

No comments: