Thursday, November 15, 2007

Nicaragua: Home Sweet Home

I'm back. I've been back now for 9 days, but I'm not caught up yet. Emails, letters, blogs, sermons, homeschool classes, radio, etc... Mmm, maybe that's why I've not done any blogging the past week and 2 days and probably won't get any done for til next week.

Still, God has been good.

Hebrews 12 speaks to me today through the following verses:

6 ...the Lord discipines the one he loves and chastises every son whom he receives...
10 ...but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.
14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord.
29 for our God is a consuming fire.

Being set apart for God's use and glory - holiness - must be our goal. Burn out the trash, LORD. Purify me and make me holy.

It's good to be home with family and friends... the 3 days apart with Bev in a hotel and beach were great and good for conversation, thought exchange, catching up and planning...

Yes, God is good.

No comments: