Saturday, September 29, 2007

Thankful

Surfing the net today I came across another moral failure of a man I much admire and have looked up to for several years. The public acknowledgement occurred several months ago. I'm just a bit behind, maybe it's because I don't go around looking for that type of news. Still, today I found out and again I prayed a prayer of thanksgiving for my dear wife. Oh, how much she loves me and takes care of me. I'm very thankful for her.

My prayer continued with a cry to God to continue protecting me and alerting me of dangers in my own life so I will not ease down the path of self-interest, finding myself sliding down the very slippery bank of self-gratification into the pool of an unclean and deceptive life-style, displeasing my Lord and King, bringing pains of disappointment and discouragement to my friends in Christ and feelings of disillusionment and deception to those that haven't yet chosen to walk the "way less traveled".

Lord, keep me pure. And thanks a million for Bev. I love her so!

No comments: