Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Perfect Confidence

Considering all the problems Paul had with the Corinthians, what he says in 2 Cor. 7:16 is amazing. "I rejoice, because I have perfect confidence in you."

From my own experience I have to say it is difficult to have perfect, complete confidence in somebody, even the best and the closest there are. Paul had experienced major problems with these people and here he expresses, total confidence. Wow! Amazing! How could he do that?

A different way to look at it is: God places his complete confidence in us, even with our faults and errors, failures and sins; he still trusts us with His authority, gifts of the Spirit, the ministry of reconciliation, and more. Wow! Amazing! How can He do that?

Trust and confidence is a gamble. It's a risk. It requires faith. Faith requires action, trust and confidence. We must be people of faith; faith in God, others and even ourselves. We've got to take the risk.

"I rejoice, because I have perfect confidence in you."

2 Corinthians 7:16

No comments: