Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A Deep Yearning

As the deer pants for flowing streams
so pants my soul for you, O God.
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When shall I come and appear before God?



I long for you O God, your light, your truth, your love; the refreshing river that flows from above and passes within to satisfy the thirst and longing desire for more of you.


Deep calls to deep at the roar of your waterfalls;
all your breakers and your waves have gone over me,
By day the LORD commands his steadfast love
And at night his song is with me a prayer to the God of my life.


Yes, deep within calls to deep without, O God, let your water flow, let the Spirit grow, the well, the river, that sweet and satisfying water. Cover me with your faithful love.

The song of the night is, "I need you more that anything. I need YOU , O LORD. You are my life, my reason to live."

The song wells up within me. "More of you, less of me. I want more and more of you, O my LORD."





Psalm 41:1-2; 7-8 ESV

No comments: