Tuesday, January 15, 2008

An Interesting Thought

"Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition." - Timothy Leary
 
Very interesting for at least two reasons:
 
1. A woman has her own special value in just being a woman, created different than a man. She has her own special characteristics, such as a more caring heart, a perception or intuition that man doesn't typically have, etc.  Why seek to be equal with men? Be who you are! special and unique.
2. Galatians 3:27, 28 "For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." God already made us equal in His sight. What do we have to accomplish?
 
This is not to avoid the just application of the law for just and equal treatment, but that is a totally different topic. In fact, from a Christian male perspective I believe that women should receive special and preferred treatment. Peter mentions that they are the more fragile gender and should receive preferential treatment and care from their husbands.
 
I'm thankful for my awesome wife, the woman of my life. She deserves much more credit and recognition for great accomplishments in the Kingdom of God than I do. She far exceeds me in every area of life.
 
I love you Beverly!

No comments: