Friday, June 29, 2007

Melt My Heart

He sends out his word, and melts them; he makes his wind blow and the waters flow. Psalm 147:18

I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone… and give you a heart of flesh. I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes Ezekiel 36:26

Ice is hard, cold, non-changing, blocks the flow, breaks on impact, etc. Water is liquid, fluid, warm [relatively], takes new forms, take others in it's flow, absorbs impact, etc. (Alejandro, thank you for awakening me to the ideas about ice) My prayer is, "melt my heart, oh God. Make your wind blow over me and your waters flow through me. Give me a heart of flesh. Put your Spirit within me. I want to walk in your ways and be a light here in this world. Melt my heart, oh Lord."

No comments: